Meet our founder and chief cybersecurity expert, Josiah Dykstra, Ph.D.! Josiah has more than 17 years of hands-on cybersecurity experience protecting large government networks. His doctoral research produced the first techniques for digital forensic investigations of cloud computing. Dr. Dykstra is a frequent speaker at cybersecurity conferences, the author of numerous peer-reviewed publications, and wrote the book Essential Cybersecurity Science. He is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, and recipient of prestigious honors including the 2017 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE). Josiah is an Associate Member of ADA. He and his wife, an audiologist and private practice owner, reside in Maryland.
Here are recent talks and publications on security in audiology:
- “The Breaches are Coming What to Do Before and After a Breach,” ADA AuDacity 2021, October, 2021.
- “Mastering Google Ads for Audiology,” AudiologyOnline webinar, October 6, 2021.
- “Smartphone Security for Audiologists,” AudiologyOnline webinar, May 26, 2021
- “Trends in Cybersecurity Behavior Across Audiology Private Practice: How do you Compare?,” Audiology Practices, vol. 13, no. 1, January 2021.
- “Cybersecurity for Telehealth,” AudiologyOnline webinar, February 3, 2021.
- “Escaping the HIPAA Minefield from Mobile Devices,” Audiology Practices, vol. 12, no. 4, December 2020.
- Cybersecurity in Medical Private Practice: Results of a Survey in Audiology,” Josiah Dykstra, Rohan Mathur, Alicia Spoor. IEEE 6th International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing (CIC), December 2020.
- “Control Yourself! Hands-On Smartphone Security & Privacy for Audiologists,” ADA AuDacity 2020, October, 2020.
- “Everyday cybersecurity best practices for audiology clinicians,” AudiologyOnline webinar, June 3, 2020.
- “Cybersecurity in an Audiology Practice,” Academy of Doctors of Audiology webinar, March 3, 2020.
- “Protecting Your Business with Cybersecurity in 2020 and Beyond,” Audiology Practices, vol. 12, no. 1, January 2020.