Meet our founder and chief cybersecurity expert, Josiah Dykstra, Ph.D.! Josiah has more than 17 years of hands-on cybersecurity experience protecting large government networks. His doctoral research produced the first techniques for digital forensic investigations of cloud computing. Dr. Dykstra is a frequent speaker at cybersecurity conferences, the author of numerous peer-reviewed publications, and wrote the book Essential Cybersecurity Science. He is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, and recipient of prestigious honors including the 2017 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE). He and his wife, an audiologist and private practice owner, reside in Maryland.
Here are recent talks and publications on security in audiology:
- “Cybersecurity in Medical Private Practice: Results of a Survey in Audiology,” Josiah Dykstra, Rohan Mathur, Alicia Spoor. 2020 IEEE 6th International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing (CIC), accepted.
- “Control Yourself! Hands-On Smartphone Security & Privacy for Audiologists,” ADA AuDacity 2020, October, 2020.
- “Everyday cybersecurity best practices for audiology clinicians,” AudiologyOnline webinar, June 3, 2020.
- “Cybersecurity in an Audiology Practice,” Academy of Doctors of Audiology webinar, March 3, 2020.
- “Protecting Your Business with Cybersecurity in 2020 and Beyond,” Audiology Practices, vol. 12, no. 1, January 2020.